Neurology & Stroke Clinic
Neurology is a branch of medicine concerned with the diagnosis & treatment & nervous system disorders. Which include the brain, blood vessels,spinal could, nervous &muscles.The nervous system is a complex sophisticated system that regulate & co-ordinate body activities.
A neurologist is a highly trained specialist who treats conditions of the brain, spinal cold, nerves & muscles such as:
Common symptoms which require a visit to a neurologist.
If you get migraine headaches, you should probably make an appointment with neurologist, especially when symptoms are associated with neurological deficits all prior treatments have proven ineffective.
- Chronic pain
B.Experiencing vertigo (feelings like you are spinning) or having difficulty keeping your balance could be a sign & something serious.
- Numbness or tingling.
- Movement problems
- Difficulty walking, shuffling your feet, tremors&unintentional jerks can all be sign & neurological problems.
- Memory problems or confusion.
When you see the neurologists they will talk to you about your medical history & symptoms. You will also have a physical examination that focuses on your brain & nerves.
They may have a good idea of your diagnosis from the examination, but you will probably need other tests toconfirm it. Depending on the symptoms, these might include.
D.Use the fast test
If you think you or someone is having a stroke
- FACE: Ask the person to smile. Is the face crooked?
- ARM:Ask the personto raise both arms. Does one arm drift down?
- SPEECH: Ask the person to repeat a phrase. Does their speech sound strange? Can they do it without slurringwords?
- TIME: Don’t waste time. Call 911/help immediately.
Shanti Memorial Hospital Loyalty Programme
The Shanti Memorial Hospital Loyalty Programme has been designed for our valuable clientele who are willing to entrut us with the health and wellbeing of themselves & their families...
For OPD Appointment
visits a clinic or a consultation room.
Make an Online Appointment
A formal arrangement to meet or visit Doctor’s at a
particular time and place.