- “Shanti Memorial Hospital” is a homage and tribute to LATE SHANTILATA PATNAIK, mother of Dr. SREEJOY PATNAIK, Chairman of this hospital.
- He dreamt of building up a hospital, after the name of his mother “SHANTI”, whose last wish was that one of her heir’s should become a doctor to render services to the poor and the needy.
This led to the birth of Shanti Hospital in 1991 with 10 bedded facility to the present 100 bedded multi speciality hospital, one amongst the premier institutions in private sector of the state. It is situated in the heart of the city of Cuttack.
Dr Patnaik, after completing his Post Graduation in Surgery from SCB Medical College started this venture . We feel proud to express that The 1st Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy was done in our hospital in Sept 1991.
Even The first SILS ( Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery) was conducted by Dr Patnaik in 2010 January .
In the very same year the department of Bariatric Surgery was instituted. The first Bariatric surgery was done on a 140 kg patient in March 2010. It was conducted as the first recorded case in the state of Odisha. Since then Dr Patnaik has been carrying out different bariatric procedures and has completed more than 150 cases . Dr Patnaik feels proud to be one of the Pioneers in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery in the Eastern Zone.
Shanti Memorial Hospital boasts to be the 1st hospital in Cuttack and 3rd hospital in Odisha to have been accredited with NABH .
Dr Patnaik has attained his Bariatric Surgery training from IRCAD-EITS , Strasbourg , France in the year 2010 , and is the first surgeon in the state to be a member of IFSO
( International Federation Society for Obesity) , ASMBS ( American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery) and SAGES ( Society of American Gastro Endo Surgeons). Apart from his professional expertise , Dr Patnaik is also associated with many associations and his been conferred upon by the IMAMAS as a Hon. Professor, Governing Council Member , Association of Surgeons of India ( 2018-18) and Executive Member of IAGES ( Indian Association of Gastro Endo Surgeons ) since 2013 & is also the Co- Convenor , FIAGES board.
He is married to Dr Rekha Das, who is an Anaesthesist by Profession and a trained Intensivist . She is presently associated with Regional Cancer Institute and is posted as Professor and HOD , Department of Anaesthesiology.
- CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE & ICU
- NEPHROLOGY & DIALYSIS
- TRAUMA CARE
- ORTHOPAEDICS & JOINT REPLACEMENT
- NEURO & SPINAL SURGERY
- MINIMAL ACCESS SURGERY
- BARIATRIC & METABOLIC SURGERY
- OBSTRETICS & GYNAECOLOGY
- SURGICAL ONCOLOGY
Our Hospital provides high quality and cost-effective medical services to cater to the needs of all sections of society with special provisions for those unable to afford high medical costs.
It also provides comprehensive healthcare under one roof.
The hospital is manned by highly qualified, dynamic and accomplished team of medical and para-medical professionals, and other healthcare professionals.
It has state -of-the-art medical technology, consultants at par are the best with a professional and holistic approach.
- We believe that a person can be best cured in a comfortable homely atmosphere & we strive to create an ambiance where the patient feels more at home than a hospital.We treat our patients with a human touch & counsel them from admission till discharge.
Our vision for the future is to keep ourselves into the best health care innovations and provide quality healthcare for the masses.
We aim at providing best medical service with Ethics, Honesty and Transparency.
OUR MOTTO : SERVICE TO MANKIND
For patients, our Hospital signifies HOPE, HEALING AND HAPPINESS.
- NATIONAL QUALITY EXCELLENCE AWARDS, 2017
BY PRAXIS MEDIA INITIATIVE AS THE
“ BEST MULTI SPECIALITY HOSPITAL “
- EUROPEAN SOCIETY OF QUALITY RESEARCH QUALITY ACHIEVEMENTS AWARDS 2017
– awarded SHANTI MEMORIAL HOSPITAL for demonstrating outstanding commitment, support with efforts to endorse & improve quality management.
- TIMES HEALTH ICONS BHUBANESWAR 2017 – bestowed the highest honour to DR SREEJOY PATNAIK – as a recognized leader in the care sector of Odisha.